SINGLE STRANDED KNOTS
These are tiny knots which form mostly at the ends or middle of a strand. Sometimes two form on the same strand of hair. No matter how healthy your hair is, once you have curly to kinky hair you will get single stranded knots. It is the nature of our hair to curl upon itself, however there are a few tips which you can do to prevent them:
- Make sure your ends are moisturized. Knots form more when hair is dry and seeking moisture from other strands
- Keeping your hair stretched. Wash and go’s for some cause more knots
- Washing or detangling. Some methods cause more knots than others. If your hair tangles easily when washing loosely braid it up
- Sleep with a satin bonnet don’t sleep with your hair loose
- Apply extra product (oil or butter) to you ends for extra protection
- Trim regularly
Note: In my opinion single stranded knots cannot be repaired, however I have heard of people taking a needle and trying to undo the knot. I do not recommend this as you still may end of breaking the hair, or damaging the layers inside of it.
Methods of removing:
There isn’t really much you can do when the knots form expect to cut them off or leave them be.
- Trim your hair with shears
- Pop them off but it’s not recommended. You can actually damage your hair and cause split ends.
- Search and destroy method. This is where you search through your hair strand by strand and individually cut them off.
MAN IDK BOUT YOU BUT THIS AIN’T GONNA BE ME!!!!
IF YOU HAVE THICK HIGH DENSITY HAIR LIKE ME THE THIRD OPTION TAKES EXTREMELY LONG.
What is your favorite step in your regimen? Let me know in the comment section below. Mine is deep conditioning/ conditioning my hair.
Thanks for reading and stopping by Naturalkinktrinis 1