* The following product review is based on my personal and honest experience.
I would give this product 1 out of 10. How did I get there? Let’s start with why I bought the product. I wanted to give this line a try for a while as my hair loves mango butter. Since I already make my own sealant using mango butter, i thought it would be a good product to try, as it also contained moisturizing oils. I really needed a moisturizer and wanted something more moisturizing than the Cantu lotion which i currently use and something fast that wasn’t horribly expensive.
This product is well packaged and built to avoid spillage. However, on the bottom of the inside of the container it is not flat. At each corner there are curves, left and right as seen on the outside of the container when you look at it. Instead of thinking that you are going all the way down to meet the external layer which would be a thin plastic, there is an extra plastic of packaging inside which takes up space and has a high dip from the bottom of the container. Not sure if that’s good packaging or misleading me to think that I am getting more product when I am actually not.
Water, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive Oil), Capric Caprylic Triglycerides, PEG 75 Lanolin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Mangifera Indica Seed Butter (Mango Butter), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa Butter), Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut Oil), Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Linoleic Acid, Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado Oil), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Hydrolyzed Silk, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Citrolellol, d-Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool
170 g/6 oz
$49.00 (in Trinidad)
This product has a sweet fruity mango smell. It was not overpowering, however when mixed with other products the smell may be a bit off and not very appealing.
- Intensely rich thermal protecting treatment
- To moisturize daily for softer fuller looking hair.
- Helps prevent breakage and target dry ends
- Apply daily to target dry ends and help prevent breakage. Excellent for Finger Styles, 2 Strand Twist and Spiral Rod Sets, Transitioners can apply to blend textures. Texturizers can define curls and waves.
- Medium consistency, not too thin and not too thick
HOW I USED THIS PRODUCT
- As a Moisturizer
After pre-pooing, shampooing, deep conditioning and finger detangling, I use the LCO method for my low porosity hair to moisturize it. I applied my leave in followed by my moisturizer and then my oil.
- Scent is okay
- Gave my hair great definition
- Creamy and smooth
- Container was easily accessible
- Not the best ingredients, contains some cones.
- Doesn’t have much moisturizing agents.
- Contained oils which my hair did not like.
- Low moisture. Due to olive oil which comes after water on the ingredient list, the water evaporates quickly and you’re stuck with an oily, greasy mess. I re-used this product to redo mini twists and realized as I was nearing the end of a couple twists, the surface of the product started to harden and form clumps. This meant that the moisture was evaporating before I could even finish my hair.
- Builds up on hair easily and is very greasy.
- Cannot re-moisturize or reapply the product due to the barrier of build-up formed when first applied.
- For the price it isn’t a large amount.
WILL I REPURCHASE?
I would not repurchase this product. I require moisturizing products for my hair and this did not achieve that goal at all.
As always, happy healthy hair journey,