* The following product review is based on my personal and honest experience.
On the hunt for that perfect leave-in conditioner, my sister (Naturalkinkstrinis1) came across the Elasta QP line and decided to try their moisturizer. Since moisturizers seems too heavy for my hair and after trying numerous to no avail, my hair prefers leave-in conditioners in order to retain moisture and i have more success with them. I decided to give the Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter, anti-breakage, leave-in conditioner a try.
The packaging and colors of the container really caught my eye and besides the name itself suggested to me that “hey look no further, i’m your holy grail product”. So i was really interested to see if this product would work for me.
Water, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil (Olive Oil), Mangifera Indica Seed Butter (Mango Butter), Argania Spinosa Nut Oil (Argan Oil), Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut Oil), Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract (Rosemary Extract), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit (Shea Butter), Tocopherol, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean Oil), Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Acrylamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride (Acrylamide Copolymer), Glycerin, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Oil (Carrot Oil), Fragrance, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Citronellal, d-Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool
425 g/15 oz
$49.00 (in Trinidad)
This product has a fruity smell and it indeed smelled like mangoes. The scent was not too strong or overpowering but just right. If you’re into fruity smells then you are going to love this product.
- Adds strength, moisture & shine to even the most brittle, damaged hair
- Anti-breakage leave-in conditioner
- Intensive treatment
- Perfect for natural, braided and straight styles to soften, silken and moisturize leaving texture feeling like silk.
- Apply liberally to clean, wet hair.
- Comb through to gently detangle.
- Great to protect against dryness and silken your hair texture when blow drying.
- If hair is dry between shampoos, apply lightly for additional daily moisturizing.
- Excellent for ponytails and braids to freshen style and smooth frizz.
HOW I USED THIS PRODUCT
I used this product two ways:
- As a leave-in conditioner
After shampooing and deep conditioning, i applied to damp hair to help detangle my hair and i raked the product into my hair. I practice the LOC method so i incorporated a generous amount to help moisturize my low porosity hair, then followed by an oil of my choice and then finally sealing with our shea butter mix.
*Although the product clearly states to apply to wet hair, I however, do not apply products to wet hair as it takes too long to dry and it never works out for me.
- As a sealant
Using the product in the method above did not work for me so i used it as a sealant. After my hair washing routine, i applied a leave-in conditioner, followed by an oil and then finally sealing everything in with the Elasta QP leave-in conditioner.
- Scent is awesome
- Consistency is great for my hair type
- Product came in a tub which made it easier to access
- Adds shine
- Moisture evaporated too fast. My hair felt very moisturized upon application. However, few hours later my hair was very dry and greasy. All the moisture I had left, there was none.
- Cannot reapply the product to my hair more than once for the week. Product is just too greasy.
WILL I REPURCHASE?
I definitely would not repurchase this product. I felt like it did nothing for my hair and i was unable to use the balance of the product.
As always, happy healthy hair journey,